Wednesday, May 20, 2009

In the begining...

Okay... So, I've been playing chess for almost a year now. However, this is my journey from beginner towards (hopefully) master.

Currently I have a rating so low that I don't even know what it is. I believe it is somewhere around 950. So, I'm working to build it up from there.

I'm wokring with a GREAT chess coach and I've seen some improvement in just the little time I've worked with him.

This will be a blog where I can write about all things chess.

Eventually I'll be teaching chess in schools and I'll be giving private lessons myself to beginners. I know there's no better way to improve and learn than to teach a subject myself. So, I'm working on it. I'm attempting to get clients before I finish my lessons myself.

On that Journey, I'll be adding tactical worksheets, lines I'm learning, and all kinds of crazy stuff.

At this point, I'm playing e4. I try and play the Ruy Lopez, but I have a number of other lines and such that I'm learning as well within the system I'm learning to play. In the Michael Hoffer's Chess Academy, I'm learning to play the Kings Indian Attack and the Kings Indian Defence.

Yeah, I'm excited... .

So, until next time... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment